Dark Chocolate & Macadamia Cookies - (Gluten & Dairy Free)
Recipe type: Snacks
Cuisine: Modern Australian
- 110 grams coconut oil, room temperature
- 200 grams unrefined sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 210 grams gluten free flour mix
- 125 grams desiccated coconut
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- small pinch sea salt
- ¾ cup dark cooking chocolate, roughly chopped or chips (dairy free)
- ½ cup macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Line 2 or 3 large baking trays with baking paper.
- Using a stand mixer with paddle attachment, mix the coconut oil & sugar until well combined.
- Add the egg & mix again to combine.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, coconut, baking powder, baking soda & salt. Whisk to combine.
- Add the flour mix to oil mix & combine over low speed.
- Add the chocolate & macadamias & fold through on low speed, or with large spoon.
- Roll dough into generous tablespoon size balls & place on baking tray.
- Gently flatten & shape into circles, about 1.5 cm thick.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until golden brown. (Bake a little longer if you like them crunchier).
- Allow to cool on baking tray for about 5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.
Recipe by Fresh Home Cook at http://freshhomecook.com/blog/2015/07/02/dark-chocolate-macadamia-cookies-gluten-dairy-free/