Allergy Friendly Choc Chip Cookies
Recipe type: Snacks
Cuisine: Allergy Friendly
Serves: Approx. 24
- 1 cup gluten free flour mix
- 1 cup quinoa flakes
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum - (omit if already in flour mix)
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 cup unrefined sugar - (I use Rapadura)
- ½ cup coconut oil, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk, full fat
- zest of half a lime
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ¾ cup dairy free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180 degree Celcius.
- Line two large baking trays with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the flour, quinoa flakes, baking powder, xanthan gum, cinnamon & salt.
- Using a mixer, cream the coconut oil & sugar until well combined & lighter in colour.
- Add vanilla, coconut milk, lime zest & juice & mix on low speed until just combined.
- Add the flour mix to mixer & combine wet & dry ingredients on low speed until combined.
- Add the chocolate chips & just combine.
- Scoop out tablespoon sized bits of batter, roll it into a ball, then place onto baking tray.
- Flatten each cookie with your hand or a floured fork.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or just a touch longer if you prefer your cookies crunchier.
- Allow to cool on tray for about 5 minutes, then transfer to cooling rack.
- Eat liberally!
Recipe by Fresh Home Cook at http://freshhomecook.com/blog/2015/05/21/allergy-friendly-choc-chip-cookies/