Buckwheat Breakfast Porridge
Recipe type: Breakfast
Cuisine: Modern Australian
Serves: 2 serves
- 1 cup buckwheat - (soaked overnight and rinsed)
- 3 cups water
- Pinch Sea Salt
- 1 cup milk of your choice - (I use Lactose Free, Cashew or Almond Milk)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus a little to sprinkle
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract - (alcohol free preferable)
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- Fresh berries to top (optional)
- Place buckwheat and water into a saucepan bring to the boil over a medium high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 25 minutes with lid on stirring regularly until buckwheat is tender. (Add a little more water if necessary).
- Add half of the milk, the vanilla and cinnamon.
- Simmer for about five minutes until porridge has a thick creamy consistency.
- Spoon into bowls, add remaining milk, top with maple syrup a sprinkle of cinnamon and fresh berries.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe by Fresh Home Cook at http://freshhomecook.com/blog/2015/03/10/buckwheat-breakfast-porridge/