Well … I am feeling a lot of love at the moment! My 3 year old son told me he loves me because I make the best cookies, my 1 year old daughter is all about giving big kissy love any chance she gets, & the very fun & gorgeous Danya from Danya Banya nominated my blog as one of these little beauties …
I’ll fess up, I have seen this button on a number of great blogs I am reading, but have never looked into what it was about … until now! If you’re not familiar, this is how it comes about & works;
The Liebster Award is given to support and recognise up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers (on their blog) or ‘likers’ on Facebook. The word “Liebster” apparently has German origins and is reported to mean sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
By following some basic rules -
- answer 11 questions set by your nominee,
- write 11 additional facts about yourself,
- write 11 new questions of your own, and
- pass the award onto 11 other bloggers to answer;
it enables readers to get to know new bloggers and connect with a wider audience.
What a lovely shout out from Danya – I am chuffed she considered my blog on her list & feel I am in very good company indeed! Thanks so much!
So … as defined above, here’s Danya’s questions answered -
11 random other things about me you might not know;
- While travelling in Zimbabwe I had a very close encounter with a African elephant as I was walking around in the dark with nothing but a penlight & my toothbrush! I almost walked into this massive majestic creature while she was out for her evening stroll – I got within arms reach before I realised I was walking straight into her. Astoundingly, she just waited while I moved aside, then went on her way. IN.CRED.I.BLE!!!!
- In 2000, I was the inaugural winner of Employee of the Year for the Bendigo Business Excellence Awards. It was a big shock, but a very pleasant one indeed!
- I have a scar on my right index finger from when I was about 8 years old that I got from trying to stab holes in the top of a jar lid using my Dad’s super-sharp butcher knife & of course missing the lid! I was trying to make a home for a butterfly I had caught. Was not a pretty ending!!
- My first car was a 1976 Toyota Corolla that had belonged to my grandfather & was in such a bad way it broke down almost every time I drove it somewhere – it was a nightmare, but I loved that car.
- I have a comedy crush on Karl Pilkington – he makes me laugh out loud – An Idiot Abroad is hilarious!
- My partner & I would love to pack up & go around Australia on an extended camping holiday before the kids are in school.
- I am a huge Buffy the Vampire TV Series fan – I never missed an episode while it was airing & have watched the DVD’s a ridiculous amount of times & still never tire of it!
- I love to hang out with friends & play board games – Jenga & Pictionary are awesome fun, especially after a few drinks!
- When I got my learner’s permit, my sister was giving me a driving lesson – everything went horribly wrong & I almost drove the car through the back door of our home while she was screaming at me to hit the brake. She wouldn’t take me after that – I still don’t understand why! ;)
- I am not sporty AT ALL, but I absolutely love watching a good game of netball – especially when the Aussies take on New Zealand – it is always a thrill to watch!
- Tinned tuna reminds me of cat food & I just can’t bring myself to eat it – EVER!
Here are 11 awesome Bloggers I am ‘Liebster-ing’ out to (in no particular order);
1. Dr Leanne Winter – Raising Boys
3. Glamour Mama
4. ElizabethKFindlay – All that is Beautiful
5. Six Little Hearts
6. Sea Pearlies
7. Coffee Talk with Erin
8. The Aus Geek
9. Two Little Humans & Me
10. J. F. Gibson Writer
11. Button Brain
And finally, here are 11 questions for those bloggers to answer, should they so wish;
1. Tea or coffee?
2. Chocolate or cheese?
3. What did you want to be when you grew up?
4. What is your favourite post from your blog?
5. What is your one skill you wish you had?
6. If money wasn’t a factor what would your ideal ‘job’ be?
7. What is your most worn & loved piece of clothing / attire?
8. Where is your best holiday destination & why?
9. What is you favourite kitchen gadget & why?
10. Board shorts or budgie smugglers (speedos)?
11. What is your earliest childhood memory?
Ok … there it is, my Liebster Award contribution. Thanks once again to Danya, from Danya Banya for nominating me – the support is greatly appreciated! Mwah! :)
Do you know of any new bloggers who deserve a shout out? I love adding to my reading list – so let me know!
Cook! Eat! Enjoy!