Time to link up & confess over with My Home Truths! This week I will be less embarrassing, more nostalgic & maybe even just a little bit cool … maybe!
My best experience ever … when I read that, my first thoughts were, of course, the arrival of my children – not the just before, or during, oh no, those experiences bordered on torture if you ask me – but, the moment I held them & looked at their puffy little faces, nothing can or will ever compare to that!
(Oh so tired but happy Mumma)!
Other ‘best’ experiences that come to mind include;
- Tandem sky dive from 10,000 feet – crazy stupid, but oh so fun!
- Travelling to the US for my first overseas trip & riding the roller coasters at Universal Studios in Orlando – again, crazy stupid by oh so fun!
- Travelling to Africa & exploring Zimbabwe, Zambia & South Africa – also, bunge jumping off the highest bridge in the Southern Hemisphere for my 30th Birthday while I was there – yep … crazy stupid yet again!
- Getting pregnant after being told more than once I would NEVER be able to have children. Crazy stupid? Not me – the damn doctors for telling me I couldn’t!!
- Telling my partner J I Ioved him for the first time. Crazy stupid? Only for the few heart stopping seconds it took for him to say it back!! (PHEW!!)
I know I have lived a very fortunate life & had amazing opportunities to do very special things! More so, I am just so glad I lived to tell the tales! What a frickin’ death wish I had back-in-the-day!!!! 🙂
Truth be told, I definitely take less physical risks now I have a family, but if these experiences have taught me anything, it is to always be open to adventure & never say never when it comes to living life & expressing love!
Do you have a ‘best’ experience? Tell me about it!
Cook! Eat! Enjoy!