Ours is a simple & humble little home based in Bendigo, part of regional Victoria, Australia. There’s me, my partner J-man & our two little people, Big Brother Eagle & Little Sister Possum. We live our lives in the normal chaos of most families, it is busy, it is loud, there is laughter, there are tears & there are times when it is not easy, but it is always wrapped up in fierce & powerful love.
My entrance into blogging came out of a love of fresh food & home cooking, cataloging recipes & going out of my mind being home with the kids! I needed an outlet that created a space for me, to find my voice again & to explore life in a new way. Hence Fresh Home Cook was developed!
Since commencing the site in February 2013, many things have changed in our home. I am back at work full time while J-man spends some time at home with our babies & retraining for a whole new career down the track & I too am retraining through study to change the direction of my working life as well. Like I said, chaos & busy, but aren’t we all?!
Another major change in my life has been to my health. After years of battling fatigue, pain & emotional instability due to a dodgy thyroid & an irritable bowel, I am forging a new path for myself through diet & lifestyle to make my way back to health & happiness. It is a hard slog sometimes, but one I can now see is working, slowly, but it is working! By ridding my body of gluten, lactose & reducing my intake of high fructose foods, I am healing. Healing my mind & body, one day, one recipe & one story at a time.
If my experiences & recipes can help anyone suffering similar issues to mine feel even the slightest bit better, that would be a huge bonus to me! Life really is a hard gig & the more we know & share, the less alone we feel & the better our lives can become. I truly believe this.
Other stuff you might want to know;
- We try to live as sustainable a lifestyle as we can & teach our children the same.
- Our humble vegetable patch is a source of much of my cooking inspiration & supports my love for as much organic food in our diet as possible.
- I have jumped out of a perfectly good plane & off a perfectly stable bridge just for shits & giggles – (& I would do it again)!
- I have been up close & personal with a wild African elephant & it changed my life forever.
- Do not disturb me when I am watching ‘The Walking Dead’ – I may just eat your brains!
Thank you for stopping by & please take a look around. I love hearing from you too, so don’t hesitate to leave a comment – just be kind & think of others before you hit POST.
If you want to, you can also email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cook! Eat! Enjoy! xx